Photobucket

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Frito Chili Pie

I posted this picture last night of my delish dinner and the sweet Amber of Bugs, Barbies and Wedded Bliss asked me to post the recipe. 
Here it is and I hope y'all enjoy!


Chili:
2 lbs. ground beef (I sometimes use ground turkey)
1 can of kidney beans (8 oz.)
2 cans tomato sauce (15 oz. each)
1 can diced tomatoes (8 oz.)
2 pkg. McCormick mild chili seasoning
1 t. cinnamon
1 t. cumin
1 t. cayenne pepper (omit or use less if you don't like spicy)
1 t. red pepper flakes (omit or use less if you don't like spicy)

Brown meat and drain. Add the rest of ingredients and cook until hot. 

*Add the Fritos to bottom of bowl, top with chili, add sharp cheddar cheese and chopped sweet white onion. Eat up!

If you don't follow me on Instagram go hit that up. 
My username is @meneal.

Hope y'all are having a great week!

9 comments:

  1. YUM! I love stuff like this! I am always looking for new, good dinner ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks delishhh! Might have to try this, YUMMM

    Followed you

    XoXo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Noooooo you did NOT just post this! This is one of my FAV things to eat in the world. When I was younger and worked in the concession stand at the baseball field, we sold chilli in FRITO bags :) MMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. New cute way to eat it. Wonder what this would taste like on the BBQ or Chili flavored Frito Lays....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was hungry before reading this post, and now I'm STARVING!!! FEED ME!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum, thanks for the recipe!
    -meandmr.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yummm!!! Love your blog!
    new follower
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can't wait to try this recipe! Oh and I left you an award on my blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I never made homemade chili. I might use this recipe without the beans. Im a military spouse and Im also one of your newest followers. Found you through the GFC Hop. You can follow me back at http://www.NavyWif33.com

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from y'all! Thanks for reading!