Photobucket

Monday, April 2, 2012

Lush Strawberry Cake


1 box vanilla cake mix
(make according to package directions add 1-2 tablespoons extra oil)
Put in 8 in. round cake pan it makes two.
Bake. Let cool. Spread on
strawberry preserves
to cover.
Then top with
vanilla whipped store-bough frosting.
Top with
sliced strawberries.
Layer next cake.
Add more preserves.
And then put crumb coat (thin layer of icing) on the cake.
Place in fridge for 5-10 minutes.
Spread a thick layer of icing over entire cake and the sides.
Top with more strawberries in a pretty pattern.

* Disclaimer: I didn't spray one of the cake pans and it crumbled. Mine is not two layers.



On a totally different note:
Look what came in today!!
My new Juicy glasses. Totally made my day! Especially since I had to wait in line at school (an hour and fourty-five minutes) to get something signed that I didn't even have to have. WTH! Equals one pissed off girl.
And then got treated like shii at the post office for no reason!
I'm trying to do a good thing and drop off boxes to my soldier and his friends.
I mean remember the golden rule, people! Hello?!
Not a great way to start off my new classes and a Monday!
Then four hours of homework. Ugh!
END RANT!

Wish I still had some of that cake to soothe my troubles.
Anyway.. I REALLY hope every one's day has turned out better than mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love hearing from y'all! Thanks for reading!