I've participated in many swaps and I decided to host my own. How fun!
The theme is True Colors. Each participant will send their swap partner a little information about themselves, the most important of which will be their favorite color. Your partner will put a package together containing items in this color. Now, you don't have to have the every item completely monochromatic. For instance, if my partner loves lavender, I could obviously send lavender-scented items but also a color of nail polish, a pair of silver-tone earrings with lavender beads, and maybe some chocolate that has a lavender-colored label. Look at your partner's blog for ideas. Do they have a dog? Send a pet toy with that color. Does your partner love classic literature? Find her a book that has cover art containing that shade. See? Easy enough.
Now, for the rules. I've participated in several swaps and have learned a little about what works and what doesn't. One thing I definitely need is a set of rules outlining the whole shebang. If you're not going to follow the rules, then please don't sign up. Good? Good.
Here's how to participate:
1. You must be a follower of my blog. If your not yet, scroll on up & hit follow.
2. Leave your name, email address (as to where your partner may contact you so you can swap adresses', etc.), and your favorite color.
3. Contact your partner with any allergies, dislikes, or anything else that may help them find a great gift for you.
4. You must be willing to put together a package that is worth $20-25, not including shipping. I would like at least one handmade item, please. Share your talents! And remember value...while some people see "vintage," others see "junk pile."
5. And you must blog about the swap by March 1. And have your package in the mail by February 24th.
Feel free to blog about this. The more participants we have the more fun we will all have!
You have until February 18th to sign up!