Photobucket

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Pinterest Recipes

I've made two Pinterest recipes today. And I must say, they are always good but some of them are a little under seasoned. I made these:

Pilgrim Hats
Taco Seasoned Crackers


For the Pilgrim Hats:
Fudge Stripped Short Bread Cookies
Reece's cups
Icing
Food coloring (orange or yellow)
Piping bag with small round tip
I used store bought icing and dyed it with food coloring. Stir until completely yellow with no streks.

Turn the cookies over and pipe a small amount of icing to Reece's cups. Place the Reece's in center of cookie and press down.

Pipe around the Reece's and make a small square for the buckle. So simple, easy and delicious! I got all the ingredients at the Dollar Tree. So I spent $3 for everything and you can literally make about 30 hats.


For the taco seasoned crackers:
Note: Can use regular crackers but I used oyster.

1 package (10 ounce size) oyster crackers 
3 Tablespoons of oil
1 envelope taco seasoning mix
1 Tablespoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional, but I added for extra kick)

Place crackers in a large roasting pan. Drizzle with oil. Combine seasoning, sprinkle over crackers and toss to coat. Bake at 350 degrees F for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown, stirring once.

I'm going to added these on top of some homemade chili tonight. I think the taco seasoning as well as the red pepper flakes will kick it up a notch. And add more flavor to the chili. I know Mr. Army Man is going to love dinner tonight! And I can't wait! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love hearing from y'all! Thanks for reading!