Photobucket

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Budget Dinners

Mr. Army Man and I just bought our first home, so recently we've been trying to save as much $$ as possible to fix the house up, get new furniture (because all we have is a bed on the floor, a couch, and a eat-in kitchen table), paint, etc. I was thinking of tips to save not only on our wallet but with time too!
I just started culinary school and food was my first thought. I'm going to be using one ingredient through out all my dishes during the week so we don't spend so much money on buying chicken, pork, and beef. Getting your meats in can be quite expensive!

Ham is one of those meat that gets over looked through the year but as soon as its the holiday season its the go-to meat. And I think it's quite a shame! So.. This week my signature ingredient is ham.

Here's my menu of meal I'm preparing this week, it uses some ingredients several times so nothing goes to waste:

Monday: Ham, Au Gratin potatoes, green beans, and rolls

Tuesday: Ham/ roll sammies, and green bean casserole

Wednesday: White beans with ham, and cornbread (YUMMM!)

Thursday: Ham and cheese macaroni with steamed veggies

Friday: Ham steaks, veggie omelet (using leftover from night before), and biscuits

Since there is only two of us, one spiral Christmas ham should do the trick for an entire week. I know some will complain about using ham in every dish but if you put a new twist on it every night it won't get old.

If you want any recipes, just let me know!:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love hearing from y'all! Thanks for reading!