Photobucket

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Favorite Holiday Memory

Around this time, when I was about seven my mom took Anna Taylor and me out to eat and to see the Nutcracker at The Orpheum in Memphis. We dressed up in our prettiest Christmas dresses, curled our hair and went to eat at The Little Tea Shop. If you haven't been to The Little Tea Shop you definitely need to check it out! Or go to their Facebook page here! They have down home classic southern foods. Fried chicken, greens, cornbread, etc.

After we finished our amazing meal. We walked a short trek to The Orpheum. I think it was my first time ever coming to The Orpheum and I was dazzled. Everything was so grand, gorgeous, and old. I loved it from the moment I first stepped into the building. (Who knew Memphis had this much history.?) Yes, I thought these things as a seven year old. (If you know me in real life, you'll know I've always been very mature for my age. Hence being married at nineteen... Not that it's anybodies business anyway. Just had to get that out!)

 


The Nutcracker was absolutely wonderful. I had been taking ballet, tap and jazz dance lessons. And wanted to be just like the dancers on stage. Crazy.. I felt like such a grown up in my fancy party dress and sitting in a this phenomenal building, watching this amazing performance. I fell in love with song, dance and music immediately. Everything was so classy and the ambiance was something out of a dream. I wish I could go back to that day and relive every single moment. After the show it was getting dark. We rode around, looked at Christmas lights and went home to drink apple cider and hot chocolate... Sounds like heaven, right?

What has been your all time favorite holiday memory?



1 comment:

Love hearing from y'all! Thanks for reading!