1 medium red bell pepper chopped
1 pkg. fresh mushrooms, sliced
1/2 cup sliced green onions
1 Tbsp. olive or vegetable oil
1 cup sour cream
1 can cram of chicken soup, undiluted
1 pkg. (8oz.) shredded sharp cheddar cheeses, divided
1 jar of sliced ripe olives, drained (optional)
2 cups chopped cooked chicken or turkey
6 (10 inch) flour tortillas
1 large can of old El Paso enchilada sauce
chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. For easy clean-up, line pan with aluminum foil with dull side toward food. Set aside.
2. Combine red peppers, mushrooms, onion, and oil in a medium saucepan. Over medium-high heat. Stir and cook until pepper and mushrooms are tender. Drain. Add sour cream, soup, half of cheese and olives. Stir in chicken.
3. Drop spoon full of mixture in baking dish. Once all tortillas have been filled, cover with sauce. And sprinkle remaining cheese over top.
*If you know you are going to save some for leftovers. Save a portion of the sauce so they do not dry out. To cover the enchiladas with for future cooking.
Reduced fat chicken taco salad:
1 (6 oz.) chicken breast
spinach or lettuce leaves
baked tortilla chips
reduced fat cheese
reduced fat ranch dressing
Put spinach or lettuce leaves in the bottom of a bowl. Crumble tortilla chips over lettuce. Cover tortillas with chicken. Sprinkle shredded cheese over chicken. Add ranch dressing.
Make sure to use the serving suggestions on the packages of food. It helps when trying to make only one serving and keep it as reduced as possible.
1 lb. extra lean ground beef
1 (16 oz.) can of refried beans
2 tbsp. dried oregano
1 tbsp. cumin
1 tbsp. garlic powder
12 dry lasagna noodles
2 1/2 cups of water
1 large can of enchilada sauce
2 cups sour cream
3/4 cup chopped green onions
1 (2 ounce) can sliced black olives
1 cup shredded pepper jack or cheddar cheese
1. In a large skillet, cook the ground beef over medium-high heat until evenly brown. Drain. In a large bowl, combine the cooked beef, re-fried beans, oregano, cumin and garlic powder.
2. Place four of the uncooked lasagna noodles in the bottom of a 9x13 inch, baking dish. Spread half of the beef mixture over the noodles. Top with four more uncooked noodles and the remaining half of the beef mixture. Cover with remaining noodles. Combine the water and the sauce in a medium bowl, and pour over all.
3. Cover tightly with foil. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 1/2 hours, or until noodles are tender.
4. In a medium, combine the sour cream, green onion and olives. Spoon over casserole, and top with shredded cheese. Return to the oven, and bake for an additional 5 to 10 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
Hope you try these out and love them as much as I do!:)