Photobucket

Thursday, January 3, 2013

I'm Doing it for Me

Hey babes.
I'm going to jump right in and be completely honest 
with you for a minute.
Not that I'm not always honest 
but stuff is about to get REALLY real for a moment.

I have been debating on whether or not 
I should have a New Year's Resolution.

I have decided that instead 
I am going to be more realistic and have a list of goals.

13 for 13

1. Have devotionals with the hubs everyday.
We got a neat book last year 
that has an excerpt to read everyday.
We have already done two.
So far so good.

2. Read one book per month.
I used to read everyday.
I know it just isn't possible with my life now
but I so wish it was.

3. Spend more time outdoors
enjoying what our God has created.

4. Quit cussing.
I do it.. And I realize it is so unladylike 
and my parents have taught me better.

5. Be more healthy. 
No my goal isn't to lose weight 
but to help my body out overall.
No more junk.

6. Workout three times per week.
I think this is such a realistic goal 
especially since we have a 
two year contract on a gym membership.

7. Become a church member.
We recently got back into church & love it.
Now we just need to keep on & become members.

8. Get a new Bible.
I have one now.
But it has been passed down 
& would like something of my own.

9. Read my Bible twice a week.
Not just at church on Sunday.

10. Have more quiet time.
Without the TV, iPhone, or any other distractions.
To just be one with God.

11. Grow my blog & the relationships with my followers.
I feel like I know some of you so well.
If you want a friend, you have one in me.

12. Reach out to others.
To find peace in helping others 
& to know I'm doing the right thing.
Even if I can just make someone smile.

13. Step outside of my comfort zone.
Sometimes I just stay in my little bubble 
because I think people are going to hurt me 
or judge me harshly.
I just want to live without those notions.

I know I don't normally talk about my spirituality 
or about all this mushy stuff on this here blog often.
But I want to make it a point to show you the real me.

I don't care if you like it.
I'm just being me & following my goals for this year.
I leave you with a quote by my favorite chef, Julia Child.

via

15 comments:

  1. I also, am trying to stop cussing. Especially since I have a little one now. I wish I could teach my hubs to stop too. He does which makes me do it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are awesome. I think these 13 things are wonderful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your goals! 2013 will be fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great goals! I need to sit down and really make my list! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful, realistic goals girlfriend. I'm with ya on them all!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Found ya through Jen's blog. Love your resolutions! Very simple, and yet important! Happy New Years!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great goals! I think a lot of people make New Year's resolutions without thinking it through. Making goals which are accessible and small are easier to keep and maintain.

    Thanks for visiting my blog. I'm your newest follower :)

    http://mui28.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. i love you so much!!! you need to come up to DC again!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi! I’m your newest follower. Please stop by and say hi when you have a chance. I'm also hosting a blog hop - if you would like to join us :) Hope you're having an awesome week.

    April from:
    A Mommy's Blog Design http://amblogdesign.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful goals ... and a good reminder for all of us!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this post! You got this girl! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your blog design and this post happens to be equally as nice. Thank you for sharing them. We have a lot of goals in common, as my main goal has a lot to do with getting closer to Christ. Thats very important to me. I have a NASTY habit of reading my Bible on Sunday but never reading it throughout the week. Furthermore, I don't even attend service regularly anymore-I know better, now it's time for me to do better. As the saying goes, we make time for the things that matter to us.

    Wishing you all the best in your newest endeavors

    Your newest follower, Maya D
    www.perfectlyimperfektme.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. It is your blog, so you can blog about whatever you want! I think these are great goals and better than some of the selfish ones I see :) Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from y'all! Thanks for reading!