Photobucket

Sunday, July 28, 2013

Heaven's Sweetest Angel

If you follow me on Instagram, you know that a few weeks ago
I went back home to see my great-grandmother that had recently been put in ICU.
Just a day before I made it back home she asked to be taken back to the nursing home she lived at.
I made it in on Saturday and just two short days later,
she went to be with Jesus and her sweet husband in heaven.



Everyday gets a little easier knowing she's no longer suffering.
I am just so amazed by her beautiful, courageous spirit that will love on with me everyday.
I am also so blessed to have gotten to tell her goodbye and even tell her that we were expecting. She hadn't talked in days & when I told her she was so proud and excited.


She wasn't just my great-grandmother but my role model, best friend, & secret keeper.
She taught me how to apply my "face", act like a lady and gave me my first diamond.
Not a day will go by that I won't treasure our sweet time together
and remember all the ways she has influenced my life.
I hope to make her so proud and can't wait to see her again in heaven.
I know right now she is smiling down on me
and dancing the night away with her husband and my Papa.










4 comments:

  1. That made me cry! Such a tribute to a wonderful happy, free spirit! Nana will be missed and was so loved. She is dancing in Heaven and is smiling down on you! Cheddar Peppers and Sprite! Just about says it all! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so incredibly sorry, my heart breaks for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry for your loss :(. Hugs. <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Grandmothers are the sweetest things. I'm so glad you got to see her and talk to her and tell her your exciting news. I'm sorry she is gone, but I'm so glad you get to see her again. xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from y'all! Thanks for reading!